Otopathology Mini-Travel Fellowship Program
The Registry funds a mini-travel fellowship program that provides research technicians and young investigators the opportunity to have a one-week, educational visit to a temporal bone laboratory. The emphasis is on the training of research assistants, technicians, and junior faculty.
The fellowship is available to:
- U.S. hospital departments who aspire to start a new temporal bone laboratory
- Inactive U.S. temporal bone laboratories that wish to reactivate their collections
- Active U.S. temporal bone laboratories that wish to learn new research techniques
Up to two fellowship awards will be made each year ($1,000 per fellowship). The funds may be used to defray travel and lodging expenses. Applications will be decided on merit.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- An outline of the educational or training aspect of the proposed fellowship (1-2 pages)
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Letter of support from temporal bone laboratory director or department chairman
- Letter from the host temporal bone laboratory, indicating willingness to receive the traveling fellow
Applications should be sent to:
Michael J. McKenna, M.D.
Massachusetts Eye and Ear
243 Charles Street
Boston, MA 02114